Monday, August 4, 2014

Lyn Takes A Trip To: North Carolina

Photo snapped by Nathaly



 Once in a while if time permits, I'll take a break and try to go away. This summer, I recently took a road trip with a few close friends of mine to Charlotte, NC. I would have considered going out the country, but to be more budget friendly a road trip to another state was a better choice. Gratefully, we had friends who lived in the area who opened their homes to welcome our stay. So everything worked out tremendously with our budgets. All we had to do was chip in for gas, pay for our meals and activities. My friends and I had a safe and wonderful time spent away from Philly.

Of course I took pictures of some of my whereabouts, at a minimum. I had to put the camera down at certain points to try to enjoy my time. So here are some captured shots:

Art & Sites
Image by: Naturelle Me...
The "Buddy Bear" a six foot bear sculpture painted by Sharon Dowell. Spotted in front of the Charlotte Mecklenberg Library. This public art piece showcases Charlotte's economic and cultural relations with Germany.


Image by: Naturelle Me...
Me and Glo just standing there, lol!
Photos snapped by: Josh
Me and Mr. Alien at Discovery Place


Glo and Mr. Alien at Discovery Place
Discovery Place
Discovery Place

Spotted: while on our stroll downtown in Charlotte passing by the library
Image by: Naturelle Me...
Could've rode one of these but we were fine on foot. The downtown area is really small compared to Philadelphia.
Omg I love this wall! Spotted this beautiful art work near the library. I didn't want to stop getting my photos taken in front of it! My friend Nathaly helped take these few snaps of me.
I installed my braids because I knew that I was going swimming for this trip. I used the Beverly Johnson 100% Kanekelon hair, two packs in dark brown and one pack in blond.
Of course you will find me jumping around in pics. It's good exercise!
Image by: Naturelle Me...
This was actually an accidental photo bomb, yet it still worked out!
Image by: Naturelle Me...
One of my fav shots with this beautiful background. Don't you just love art? My friends were wonderful subjects.
Restaurants
Image by: Naturelle Me...
We stopped by the famous Mert's Heart & Soul Restaurant for some good ole southern food.
 
It was packed inside so we had to sit and eat outdoors.
The wait...
Hopping near my foot was this little creature. I guess it was hungry. So of course I gave the birdie some crumbs. Guess what? It left and returned with two other buddies hopping over my way for some soon after. I was cracking up. If you feed one they will come with their whole crew.
Another spot to get some grub is the Roasting Co.






It's a casual restaurant with a bar, best known for its rotisserie chicken and veggie dishes.


My situation. 
Activities
To cool off my friends and I took a dip in the pool, played water volleyball and had a barbecue. 


Image by: Naturelle Me...
Took a minute to admire God's masterpiece.
We stopped by South Carolina to a shooting range. Before heading in we walked into a room with deer and buffalo heads mounted on the walls.
Later in the evening we caught a movie at the Epicentre. The Epicentre's movie theater is not like the theaters I've been to. You can order your meal at your seat and a server will bring it to you. I thought popcorn or nachos were on the menu. No m'am! You get wings, cheese fries, grilled selections and various drinks. You can get really spoiled there.
Image by: Naturelle Me...





Reminds me of Gotham city towers. 

I enjoyed my stay in North Carolina and wish I could stay longer to do more activities. It is truly a beautiful place to visit. The folks are friendly, food is amazing and there are fun activities to do for all ages.

1 comment:

  1. I’m really glad I have found this information. Nowadays bloggers publish just about gossips and web and this is really frustrating. A good blog with exciting content, that is what I need. Thank you for keeping this site, I will be visiting it.
    bank for gold investment

    ReplyDelete

Naturelle Me... Page Views