Sunday, May 4, 2014

Naturelle Me... Photoshoot Feature

Last weekend, I linked up with a wonderful young woman by the name of Sambi. She is a model and makeup artist. She asked if I would like to do a photo shoot for her that would reflect her Liberian/Sierra Leone roots, love of her culture, nature and fashion. I gladly accepted and was able to put my creative mind and talent to work to bring her vision to life. 

Before we started, we had a quick word of prayer led by her mother who was present with us. I was so happy she did that. Incorporating prayer in the things I do is important to me. Sometimes we tend to forget to take the time-out to pray and acknowledge God. Since he is the gifter and creator of all these things before us (nature,talent etc), why not invite him or place him first in what we do. When he is first, things come into order and on that day he really set the tone and worked in our favor.

Sambi in warrior mode.
Sambi decided to go makeup free and only add tribal marks for a more indigenous feel . It turned out so well. Her natural beauty really comes out. For her hair (on the rocks), we decided to part it into two large sections. Then pull out extra strands into a two strand twist around her forehead.
I decided to keep her hair out and let the wind do all the fluffing.
Skirt & Top: Sambi's own.

I loved this maroon color on her. On Sambi is a tunic and wrap given to her by her mother. 
For a traditional look I wrapped her hair up into the scarf and added some flowers. Sadly, we 
didn't get to shoot this outfit, but I made sure to capture it before we moved on to our next look.
Arie was also in the shoot. In this picture she is wearing a
lapa. A lapa is a long wrapped skirt worn by African women.
The skirt was so long on her that we decided to turn it into
a dress.
Before the shoot Arie came with her hair twisted. I decided to keep it twisted and gather some her twist forward creating a crown, leaving the remaining free twist in the back, down. We didn't have hair pins, so I improvised by tucking her strands into her twist.
 Dresses courtesy of 1847 & Co.
Makeup by: Sambi of CoQuette Le Froid
Models: (R.) Sambi (M.) Tevin and (L.) Arie
There is a king and a queen in all of us. In fact we are part of a royal family, with a divine connection and great inheritance from a King who rules from his heavenly kingdom, reigning within us. - Naturelle Me...

At last her Prince has arrived!

 Arie and her boyfriend Tevin are such a darling couple. Tevin didn't expect to be in the shots lastminute. I am happy he joined in. He made a great model, would you agree?
Clothing by: 1847 & Co.
Makeup by: CoQuette Le Froid
Styling by: Vintage Crown
Hair by: Naturelle Me... 

THE END!


1 comment:

Naturelle Me... Page Views