Monday, October 14, 2013

Birthday Girls Night Out.


The weekend maybe over, but Gods mercy, love and grace continues and never ends. So grateful for life and the added years he has given me. Who knows where I would be without him. I'm happy to still be here not by chance but by his love that endures forever.


I am extremely blessed to have celebrated my belated (20 something category) birthday over the weekend, with a few of my close friends and sisters in Christ. The day of my birthday I didn't do anything and was sick to even want to at all. The only thing I spent time doing was just remaining in prayer; thanking God for allowing me to see my born day and resting. My friends were the ones who encouraged me to celebrate it for the weekend. They wouldn't have it if I didn't. I'm happy I went along with it and spent that time celebrating it with them.

Here are some of the pics of myself along with fellow birthday girl Joanne and my aces, on our night out to Bahama Breeze.
As always simple always works. I planned on wearing the dress, but instead I converted it into a top. 

 It was a bit nippy and windy outside so I tucked that baby in. My chicken legs was not going to have it. Oh no suh!
Bahama Breeze Restaurant
For my din-din I ordered the: Grilled Jamaican Jerk chicken. It is chicken breast marinated in mild jerk seasonings with mango pineapple salsa, mashed sweet potatoes and seasoned string beans. 
I was extremely hungry so of course on the first couple of bites, it taste sooooo good. Later, it was just (shrug shoulders) "so-so". I really liked the mango pineapple salsa, I think I might want to make that at home. Overall, I would rate the dish a 7.5 for taste, simply because I tasted better jerk chicken and sweet potato. Then a 9 for presentation. When that plate came out I just stared at it. It was put together so nicely. Thank goodness I took the picture first before I cleared the plate.
Bahama Breeze Restaurant
For dessert I tried their new Pina Colada Bread Pudding. This right here, I had to say "Yes Gawd !" (shaking the table). Child, this baby was good kougamouga good, especially with the vanilla anglaise. I wished there was more of that anglaise, cause I would have loved to drench it up. It was moist, don't get me wrong, but I just prefer super moist. I think there was some coconut flakes on there which is a plus and it wasn't too sweet. The lemon pie was super tarty, tangy and a diabetic shocker. Ooh Lord, I can't. Don't have time for that sugar, uh No no no! 
Anyways, I had a wonderful time even though at the end of the night they drove off and had me chase after them in the parking lot. Yes, someone decided to prank me on this celebratory night, making me run in my good church shoes.

I had to maintain my Joel Olsten attitude and just pray for them. lol. Still love them though!


2 comments:

Naturelle Me... Page Views