Thursday, May 9, 2013

Hair Rant Of The Day!

I just can't stand seeing grown women extensions or awful looking pony tail hair pieces on little girls. Every time I see it, especially at church or weddings,  it makes me want to do this:

Source: themartinshow

This:
Source: themartinshow


And THIS:
Source: themartinshow
I feel that there are age appropriate hair styles out there that little girls can wear. 

When I was little,  I remember my mother or my sister putting ribbons, bubble barrettes (boule gogo) or those colorful hair clips on the ends of  my hair. 
Source: Greengate.typepad
Maybe I'm old school. Sometimes! But I don't understand why some moms feel the need to have their mini them wear extensions or these adult hairstyles. 
Really?
Source: Heartandscars.blogspot.com

We don't want to rush them into adulthood so early. Don't we want to see our little girls just be little girls and look like one? 
Don't you dare mommy! DON'T YOU DARE!!!! Waa, Waah!
Source: Extension.org
If you have no idea how to style your daughters hair, why not take her to a professional who specialize in styling children's hair. If money is an issue try family members who know how. I'm sure there are aunties out there who can hook it up. Please make sure that they know what they are doing. Don't allow them to jack up your baby girls hair for Sunday morning service like this:

Caribbean accent) Brother Nelson, me muddah told me to give you this!
Source of photo above: Hellogiggles.com
image
OM...
Source: Beautyinabelljar
I think if your child does not have a hair condition, then they shouldn't have to wear a wig, extensions or whatever. If they are in a school play and a wig is needed for their role. Then that is fine.

Here are some looks and items you can consider:
Use headbands or bows.
Source: Allthingsstyed.com
Photo from: Naturalblkgirlsrock
Source: Cutegurlhairstyles

Source: Thepursuitaesthetic

So see, you're little girl will still look adorable with these types of hairstyles. Try looking for the styles online. There are plenty of resources such as videos that even provide tutorials. That way you can learn how to style your mini me's hair.

Is there an appropriate age, that children should start wearing extensions? How do you feel about them? 

Did you like this post?
Feel free to comment!
Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Naturelle Me... Page Views