Thursday, February 21, 2013

"The Door" Series 5- Gabrielle Union and Alfre Woodard featuring Miu Miu

4744503099_f60a7a8c74
Photo Credit: derekpaperpencil via Compfight cc
 Before I started in retail, I didn't have a clue or even the slightest interest in designer labels. I was comfortable in my thrift, no label, maybe buy those Old Navy jeans or get me a pair of Payless shoes, buyer mode. I still do, sometimes. Yet, I  like my items to have great quality whether it's designer or not.


Since my last retail job, working in the shoe department and in men's clothing, my retail dialect changed. Rolling out my mouth were Vivienne Westwood, Etro, Cavalli and Chloe Sivegny. I went from beginners to 1/4 advanced in the Name That Designer game. So you can officially include designer labels as my third language. 

Since this is about Miu Miu, let me first tell about my encounter with Miu Miu.  I came across Miu Miu when I helped unpack the shipments that came to the store. There were bags and shoes and tons of goodies. The first shoe box I happened to stumble upon, were a pair of Miu Miu ballerina flats.
 (Pictured below were one of the few Miu Miu flats I've seen at the store)
146465754_56e6a9170a
Photo Credit: Apparent via Compfight cc
2406533897_0213c7b6e8
Photo Credit: Modern Girl Style via Compfight cc
For those of you who do not know who Miu Miu is. Let me give you a little info:
MIU MIU: An Italian fashion line, which was launched in 1993 and named after its President, director and stylist Miuccia Prada. It is the sister brand of Prada and one of the most coveted, high quality fashion lines that has modern, colorful and sensual styles for women.

 I recognized Miu Miu mostly for their ballet flats and glittered shoes (T-strapped heels and sneakers).

6024896681_1fdd989885

Photo Credit: Bonafide Supernova via Compfight cc
I like some of collections for the spring which is clean,minimal with abstract detail. It sort of has the looks of the fifties, like Madmen. However would you find me wearing it. Um, if I had Miu Miu money I'd wear a selected few. 
I thought this was cute and something I'd wear  (a little short for my tooshie).
Miu Miu Crepe trimmed metallic brocade dress
Source: Net-A-Porter

Well I'm glad to see that its back again and that there is a brand new collection this spring.
Go Miu Miu!

Check out the fashion film "The Door" by Ava DuVernay, a 9-minute short film with a beautiful tale of sisterhood. Featured are Gabrielle Union and Alfre Woodard as well as gorgeous co-stars Emayatzy Corinealdi,  Adepero Oduye and Goapele wearing Miu Miu..


You can also check out other series by clicking here
Also, watch their video ad campaign below.

Tell me what you thought about the "The Door" and the other series.

7 comments:

  1. this was so interesting to read! absolutely love that gold dress

    hope you'll visit back
    www.marylee31.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary Lee!

      Thanks so much for stopping by and reading my post. I will certainly pay your blog a visit and join your site. Stop by anytime!

      Delete
  2. Love the new layout of your blog!!

    I've been waiting for someone to do an appropriate write up of the door & miu miu. You killled it!! I think the short movie is soooo great! You totally get the point of it with absolutely no words, and you can still relate to and feel the emotion. And the fashion is so amazing! Perfect for every scene in the film.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. COURTNEY what's up doll!

      Thanks for the compliment. I loved the short film and some of the pieces that the actresses were wearing, especially the red number Gabrielle wore. Ooh and the hair, love it! I almost want to get a wig like that, but I'll stick to mine.It took me awhile to figure out but then I realized those were her friends trying to keep her company and cheer her up from what I assume is a break up. The emotions was so real that there was no need for words what-so-ever.
      I love your header. its super fly. You better go ahead!

      Delete
  3. This was a great read, I loved learning some tidbits on Miu Miu. Now following!
    xo
    Tiffy
    http://www.CuteLA.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tiffany!
    Thanks for stopping by and following. I hope to continue to blog-tertain you. I stopped by your site and I must say it is absolutely amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Naturelle Me... Page Views