Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Product Review of the Day!

As I Am
   I went to Walgreens about 3 weeks ago, to refill some of my hair product stash. I had my mind set on getting the Tresemme Natural sulfate free conditioner.
However, something caught my attention. I saw a brown and gold container that read Coconut CoWash.

I said Hmm let me take a look at this for a minute.  It was around $8.00 for a 16 oz. at Walgreens which wasn't too bad. I instantly took a look at the ingredients. (It is a habit for me to read the ingredients before I make my purchase). It looked promising. Here is what it says:
Key Ingredients: Tangerine, Coconut Oil, Castor Oil, Saw Palmetto and Phytosterols
The rest of the ingredients were:
Aqueous (Water, Aqua Purificada, Purified) Extracts: Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) and Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine), Cetyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol, PEG-40 Castor Oil, Stearlkonium chloride, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Phytosterols, Serenoa Serrulata Fruit Extract, Quaternium-18, Potassium Sorbate, Fragrance/Parfum, Limonene, Methylisothiazolinone

Oh my! this sounds really good. I am a big coconut and castor oil fan. So I was sold. Next thing I know I was out of Walgreens with my hairs new found friend. 

What is it and what does it do?
Well, it is a conditioner that removes product build-up. It actually cleanse the hair without the suds and yet still maintains moisture for your curls, kinks and coils.

This product smells so yummy, it would tempt you to just eat it. (Please don't eat it). You can smell the coconut and almost vanilla, mocha like scent. I like it.
You can tell I have been using this up!
http://www.asiamnaturally.com/
It is not too thick in its consistency and not sticky. Just creamy. I normally like to work my products into my hair if I have enough time. So, I divided my hair into sections and started smoothing and finger combing it in. I love how my curls just began to instantly pop out. It definitely de-tangles my hair and makes my hair manageable to comb through. Which is a plus.

I have been using it for a few weeks now and I will honestly say I really like this product. It does keep my hair clean but not to the point where it leaves that squeaky dry feeling. I love the smell and the packaging, brown and gold touch to it really stood out to me.  I wouldn't use it as a leave-in, though I wish it was. It was also afforable which got me sold. But overall, I would rate this product at a 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Naturelle Me... Page Views