Thursday, March 7, 2013

Shoe Pick For The Short Chics!

My shoe senses are telling me that ankle strapped heels or stilettos, are becoming or will become popular this spring. Would you agree?
5821500690_bdd9048cb9

For all of you vertically challenged ladies like myself (Team Shorty), you may have heard that sometimes wearing ankle strapped heels, can make you appear shorter or its a fashion DON'T to wear ankle straps if you're short. Well, I wouldn't pay those rumors any mind. I know with my short self, I'll still wear them. Breaking the rules, oh well!

The only thing I try to avoid and what I noticed for myself (since I have thin ankles) is to stay away from the thick and bulky straps. You don't want to look like you are on house arrest. Nuh nuh nooo!

 I normally go for thin straps, it just looks better. For those with thicker ankles try going for a medium width or thin stacked straps, it will probably make them appear smaller. If you're not one for ankle straps I love the sling backs, they do make your legs look longer and of course the T-straps are nice.

Here are a few picks from Steve Madden's line which I love and thought would be
suitable for my shorty crew and all other heights.

By the way I have to be honest, they have some great deals going on, you should definitely check them out and plus Enjoy 15% off $100 plus free shipping at Steve Madden. Just use the code SMMAR1 when you are checking out. Its good until March 31.
RAELYNN
For the edgy girls.
ROSELAND
Simple and very classy.
REBUTTLE
Reminds me of Manolo Blahniks, but these are more reasonably priced.
REBUTTLE also in red!

Somebody scream FIRE!!! Oh wait, don't do that  in public  do that  quietly at home. lol
Manolo Blahnik Chaos Sandals - Lyst
"CHAOS"
If you want to splurge you can try these Manolos' for $695
My pockets are saying " Ma- NO-NO!" 

So I'll be alright with Steve Madden.
Photo source: Lyst.com
GIUSEPPE ZANOTTI
Photo source: Lyst.com
Cue the music MASTRO!
I love these!
Now you know you need something to wear with those lovely shoes why not try some of these from 
Miss Selfridge
 Cotton Victoriana Dress
This dress looks gorgeous and so ladylike. 


Print Playsuit
I wish there was a brighter color. But I would try this with the 

Roseland shoe and a boyfriend blazer.
Peach Frill Front Maxi Dress
Really pretty. Now I wish it was getting warmer.
 
If you like a little thickness to your heels, like wedges, take a look at two of my favorites:
WARMTHH
Don't they look super comfy? That is a pretty color too!
GEMMM
She is one too indeed. I really like them in Cognac. 

Hope this was helpful to someone.

Don't forget to check out the Sneak Peek! sale.
 You get 30% off selected new spring styles from Steve Madden


What types of fashion myths have you heard, that short women should never try, but you ignored it or did it anyway?

8 comments:

  1. Great content. I am short and curvy but I love strappy heels. I like to pair them with mini dresses/skirts! I'm going to follow you on blog lovin, I would be honored and really appreciate if you could do the same.

    http://lepetitvolcan.tumblr.com.
    Comments appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Haruka!
      Thanks for visiting my blog and following. I am glad you like the content, I hope to share some more soon. Guuuuuurrrrrlllll, I done followed you already!lol Once again thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. I love high heels and for me the higher the better. To be honest, i feel naked without my heels...team shorty here too! Great selection of heels! Steve Madden never disappoints:o)
    I'm now following you via bloglovin'
    xo,
    jackie
    www.stylemydreams.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jackie,
      Heels are every womans best friend, especially us short girls. I love Steve Madden shoes and I agree with you, it doesn't disappoint at all!Thanks for following.

      Delete
  3. Those are nice shoes, checkout my blog at
    http://definingwords.blogspot.com/2013/03/coal.html
    feel free to leave a comment

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the shoes! <3

    http://dressingwithdesire.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty shoes and I understand... I'm also short, and probably shorter than you lol yay heels! The Print Playsuit is so adorable <3 and thank you for dropping by my blog the other day ^^

    http://misaraisu.com

    ReplyDelete

Naturelle Me... Page Views