Sunday, September 22, 2013

Outfit and hair post to Philly Fashion Week (Part 1)

At the Philly Fashion Week Haute Couture Runway Show before it starts.
Let me start off by saying God is indeed good, because it took some faith and some action for me to attend. To be honest, I wasn't even sure how I would even get to go to such an event as this.

I was reminded and had to keep reminding myself that God will surely provide a way, because he knew my pockets were dry. I mean real dry.
Photos: Wonderfulworldofwebdesign
He truly did make a way. It just took some praying, a phone call, an email and waiting for a response. I made no room for doubting and remained positive. No matter what the response was, I'm glad that I tried. I believe 3 or 4 days later while going through my email,  lo and behold I was confirmed as press.
Won't he do it. Woooh!
Ask anyone that knows me. In every little or big thing, every no or yes I just gotta acknowledge God and give him thanks. Thank you Lord!

Last night was the Haute Couture Runway Show, it was the closing runway show for F.B.H. Philly Fashion Week. This was my first fashion week/runway show ever and I'm so glad I was able to make it to this one.

I didn't know what to wear or do with my hair, let alone what to expect. So I used the K.I.S.S method (keep it simple sister). I wore my cobalt moto-jacket, striped ecru dress with my favorite ankle booties (HERE). A beaded statement necklace. Remember less is more, so I didn't wear a watch or bangles.
Jacket: I like to call them hmmm (H&M)
Necklace: Threadflip
Dress: My closet
The hair of course was my cotton candy mane in its glorious afro-licious state. On my way there, the flipping wind was hating on me and just tossed it every which way. Making me look choubacka-ish. lol!
I don't care what anyone says, afros move in the wind too!
Photo: Electricflag tumblr
After the show that baby shrunk because it was raining when I got out of the building. Next time God willing, I'll  do an updo or braids. Lesson learned.
My braid out teased before leaving to see the show.
I tried the Cantu Shea Butter Leave-in Conditioner and added some jojoba oil.
It was braided over night and un-braided for the day and picked out from the roots.
Kept the beat to a minimum.
 Still learning how to beat the face and make it last all night though. 
This is what happened to the fro later:
Photo from my poor quality phone.
I still made it look fierce though. lol!
I did plan ahead (oufit) and made sure I had the essentials I needed.  From my experience that night, I made sure I carried my flats. I did a lot of walking on my way there and when I left. So flats saves lives. Well, my feet!
My bowlegs seriously need a tan though. Anyways its gonna get cold soon, so pastey legs are staying. lol! (website: www.naturelle-me.blogspot.com)
I also had my small umbrella, a large bag, business cards, ID, pocket money, celly with charger, camera and back up batteries. If you have sturdy hands then you don't need a tripod. For the newbies who want to go to any kind of event those are important to have and carry with you. 

Also, know your stuff and some key facts, if you are going to interview folks such as designers. Learn about them, look over their work so that you can easily identify what their collections are. Even if its down to the material they used for their garments, know them. I just think it helps to be able to make your questions more interesting and makes you look like you definitely know what you're talking about. Of course, when you are posting on your blog. 

Well I hope you liked the post and found the mini tips somewhat helpful. This concludes part 1. I will definitely share some more in my next post, so keep on the look out for videos and more pics of my attendance at F.B.H Philly Fashion Week.

Be blessed beautiful people!


2 comments:

  1. Lovely post *0*
    Your face is so defined, symmetrical so beautiful ^^
    Also those golden shoes look magical. Keep up the awesome posts.


    恵美より ♥
    www.emi-doll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks really cool ;) i like ur outfit :)
    Elena Maksudy
    elena-mc-sudy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Naturelle Me... Page Views